Folo-Folo reserves the ultimate right to determine what “acceptable use” is. We may modify, delete or de-activate any user data as required to ensure acceptable and secure use without any liability whatsoever to any party.
You may create, change, de-activate or delete trip information on Folo-Folo platform at any time (depending on the status of the trip) as needed to help you find other people to share your transportation.
You may offer multiple rides but you must not create more than one record for a single trip.
Communication and interaction on this platform must be polite and civil. No abusive language will be tolerated.
Folo-Folo holds the right to remove the information for any user who does not comply with the shared value of Folo-Folo community, as estimated by the operators of Folo-Folo without any liability whatsoever to any party.
Folo-Folo welcomes commercial and/or governmental use of the system by employers, private or public institutions or regional transportation authorities. We also welcome use of our system by transportation companies and organizations including bus services, taxi companies, limousine services, passenger van rental companies, etc.
Offer a Ride
You must only offer a ride on our platform if and only if the following conditions are met.
A valid driver license;
Offer rides for vehicles you own or use with owner’s permission.
- Vehicle can be used for carpooling purpose;
- You are the main driver of the vehicle indicated in the posted ride;
- The vehicle has valid third-party insurance at a minimum;
- You have no medical issue that disqualifies you from driving;
- The carrier you intend to use for the offered ride has 2 or more wheels No duplication of the same trip you already created on our platform;
- Offer only available seat and not one seat more than necessary;
- All Seats offered must have seatbelts;
- Your vehicle must be in good working order and this must comply with the applicable legal provisions and customs. You are accountable for the ride content you post on Folo-Folo platform. By virtue of this accountability, the accuracy and validity of all information contained in your post is your obligation.
You agree to fulfil the trip you offered on Folo-Folo platform based on the conditions stipulated in your offered ride.
As long as your offered ride complies with Folo-Folo T&Cs, it will be automatically posted on our platform. The structure and order of display of your posted ride among the other posted rides is at the Folo-Folo platform owner’s sole discretion.
Everyone including non-members, making a search on all Folo-Folo platforms would be able to view your post. Folo-Folo may decide at any given time not to post your ride on the platform at all, remove your posted ride without giving you a heads-up if we conclude that your post could damage our platform, services or Folo-Folo business image or if your post fails to comply with Folo-Folo T&Cs.
As Folo-Folo platform member, you can offer a ride on our platform by entering information about the ride you intend to make. This information includes but not exclusive to the below details
- Pick up location
- Drop off location
- Date and time
- Stopover drop off location (if there is one or more)
- Number of seats to be offered
- Amount of the Cost Contribution
Book a Ride
Folo-Folo employs online seat booking mechanism for every ride offered on its platform
When a Passenger is interested in a posted ride, they should make an online Booking request. This Booking request is accepted automatically. At the time of the Booking, the Passenger makes online payment of the Cost Contribution and the related Service charge. After receipt of the payment by Folo-Folo, the Passenger receives a Booking Confirmation.
At the time of the Booking Confirmation, user will be able to access the driver details from the booking page.
Booking on behalf of third party
The Driver and the Passenger use of our service must be identical to the identity details shared on Folo-Folo and the other members involved in a particular ride.
It is allowed for a Folo-Folo member to book Seats on behalf of a third party as long as the member is liable for that 3rd party. However, booking a seat for a minor under the age of 18 travelling alone is strictly prohibited.
In all Folo-Folo platforms it is forbidden to post a ride for a Driver other than yourself.
Here at Folo-Folo we advise that all passengers leaves ratings for the Drivers and the same for the passengers by the Driver always latest one (1) hour after the end of each trip
When you offer a ride, it is your responsibility to provide an amount for the Cost Contribution taking into account the costs you will actually incur on the Trip.
Folo-Folo, in exchange for use of the platform, at the time of Booking, shall collect service charge (including VAT) per seat, calculated on the basis of the Cost Contribution.
Driver’s Collection mandate
As a Driver on Folo-Folo platform, any cost contribution paid by the passengers are collected on your behalf based on the collection mandate you confer on Folo-Folo.
In addition, Folo-Folo shall collect the whole of the sum paid by the Passenger (Service charge and Cost Contribution).
You recognize and accept that none of the sums received by Folo-Folo in the name and on behalf of the Driver gives entitlement to interest. You agree to respond diligently to any request of Folo-Folo, and more generally of any administrative or court authority competent particularly in the prevention or combating of money laundering. Notably, you agree to provide, on simple request, any useful evidence of address and/or identity.
In the absence of response to these requests, Folo-Folo may take any measure it deems appropriate, notably freezing of the sums paid and/or suspension of your Account and/or termination of these T&Cs.
Cost Contribution payment to the Driver
After the Trip, the Passengers shall have a period of 12 hours after the end of the Trip to submit a claim on the Trip to Folo-Folo. In the absence of claim of the Passengers within this period, Folo-Folo shall consider the Trip confirmed. From the time of this express or tacit confirmation, you shall have, as Driver, a credit payable on your Account. This credit corresponds to the cost contribution per passenger. Subsequently if any passenger lays a complain, the drivers cost contribution relating to that specific person shall be withheld until resolution. The payment order in your name will be sent on either Tuesday or Friday depending on when the trip was concluded (providing you register your bank account with Folo-Folo).
Passengers shall check-in ONLY when they physically see both the driver (who offered the ride) and the vehicle indicated in the posted ride. Failure to adhere to this directive may result in the invalidation of your right to refund under cancellation policies.
Passengers shall check-out ONLY after they must have reached their intended destination based on the information provided in the offered ride relating to this specific trip. Passengers are encouraged to rate the driver within 1 hour after the trip ended to help other passengers in making decisions relating to this specific driver involved in the just concluded trip.
Drivers shall Start the trip ONLY when they arrive at the pick-up location and all the passengers have checked in. In the case of passengers not showing up at the time specified in the offered ride, the driver must wait for at least 10mins to allow the passengers to join the trip. Failure to adhere to this directive may result in the invalidation of your right to cost contribution payment under Folo-Folo cancellation policies.
Drivers shall End the trip ONLY when they arrive at the destination point/location and all the passengers have alighted from the vehicle. In the case of abuse, the cost contribution to the driver may be impacted. Drivers MUST End Trip for a specific trip for their cost contribution to be earmarked for released to them. Drivers are encouraged to rate the passengers within 1 hour after the trip ended to help other drivers in making decisions relating to this specific passenger involved in the just concluded trip.
Terms of repayment in the case of cancellation:
The cancellation of a Seat by the Driver or the Passenger after Booking Confirmation is subject to the stipulations hereunder: – In the case of cancellation owing to the Driver, the Passenger is refunded the whole of the sum paid (i.e. the Cost Contribution and the related Service charge). This is notably the case when Driver cancels a Trip or has not arrived at the meeting point 10mins after the agreed time; In this case, the service charge repayment responsibility is place on the driver as a result of the trip cancellation. Folo-Folo retains 5% percent (contingency pot) of the cost contribution per offered ride to cover service charge against cancellation of a booked trip by the driver. If no cancellation is made by the driver within a calendar month, this money is paid out to the driver at the last paying out day of the month. This process is monthly recurring.
In the case of cancellation owing to the Passenger:
If the Passenger cancels more than 24 hours before the planned departure time as mentioned in the offered ride, the Passenger shall only be refunded 100% of the Cost Contribution. The Service Fees are retained by Folo-Folo and the Driver does not receive any part of the cost contribution. If the Passenger cancels more than 12hrs but less than 24hrs before the planned departure time of the offered ride, the Passenger shall only be refunded 50% of the Cost Contribution. The Service Fees are retained by Folo-Folo and the Driver also receives 50% of the cost contribution. If the Passenger cancels 12 hours or less before the planned departure time as mentioned in the offered ride, the Passenger shall be refunded a quarter (25%) of the Cost Contribution paid at the time of Booking, the Service charge is retained by Folo-Folo, and the Driver receives 75% of the Cost Contribution; If the Passenger does not cancel 12 hours or less before the planned departure time and/or the passenger does not show up as mentioned in the offered ride, the Passenger shall forfeit both the cost contribution and the service charge If the Passenger cancels after the planned departure time as mentioned in the offered ride, or if he has not arrived at the meeting place 10mins after the agreed time, no refund shall be issued. The Driver shall be compensated with the whole of the Cost Contribution and the Service charge is kept by Folo-Folo. Any Seat cancelled by Passenger shall be automatically released and made available to other Passengers should the cancellation happens before the departure time.
Reimbursement requests by the passenger towards Folo-Folo shall follow Folo-Folo cancellation policies.
You acknowledge being accountable for adhering to all regulations, laws and obligations relating to your use of Folo-Folo platform.
Using Folo-Folo platform and its related services, you agree:
- not to send Folo-Folo or the other Members at any point in time, any misleading, fraudulent, false or malicious information;
- not to share any information on Folo-Folo platform of a vulgar, violent, pornographic, injurious, threatening, defamatory, offensive, obscene, aggressive, uncalled-for, harassing, inciting violence, racist or xenophobic nature, or with sexual connotations, discrimination or hatred, encouraging activities or the use of illegal substances, or contrary to the purposes of the Folo-Folo platform, that may infringe the rights of Folo-Folo or a third party or contrary to good morals;
- not to infringe the rights and image of Folo-Folo, notably its intellectual property rights;
- not to register more than one account on the Folo-Folo platform and not to register an account in the name of a third party; not to try and bypass the Folo-Folo platform online booking system by trying to
- send another member your contact details in order to make the booking outside of the Folo-Folo platform and avoid paying the Service charge;
- not to contact another member via Folo-Folo platform, for a purpose other than defining the terms of the carpooling;
- not to accept or make payment outside of the Platform
- to comply with these T&Cs
Using Folo-Folo platform and its related services, you as a driver agree:
- to adhere to all laws, regulations and codes applicable to driving and the vehicle, notably to hold civil liability insurance valid at the time of the Trip and to be in possession of a valid driving license;
- to validate that your insurance covers carpooling and that your Passengers are considered as third parties in your vehicle and are therefore covered by your insurance during the whole Trip, even if cross-border;
- not to take any risk when driving, not to take any product that may impair your attention and your abilities to drive vigilantly and completely safely;
- to offer a ride corresponding only to Trips actually planned;
- to make the Trip as described in the offering and to respect the times, pick-up and drop of locations as agreed with the other members (vi) not to take more Passengers than the number of Seats indicated in the offered ride;
- to use a vehicle in good working order and which complies with the applicable legal provisions and customs;
- to communicate to Folo-Folo or any passenger who so requests your driving license, your car registration certificate, your insurance certificate and any document demonstrating your capacity to use the vehicle as driver on the platform;
- in the case of holdup or change to the time or the Trip, to inform your passengers without delay;
- in the case of a cross-border Trip, to hold and keep available to the Passenger and any authority that may so request any document evidencing your identity and your right to cross the border;
- to wait for passengers at the agreed meeting place for at least 10mins after the agreed time;
- not to offer a ride relative to a vehicle you do not own or that you are not authorized to use for the purposes of carpooling;
- to ensure you can be contacted by your passengers by phone on the number registered on your profile;
- not to have any medical incapacity that prevents you from driving; to behave responsibly and appropriately during the Trip, and in compliance with the values of carpooling;
- not to decline any passenger based on ethnicity, national origin, color religion, sexual orientation, race, marital status, disability, physical appearance, marital status, pregnancy, special vulnerability due to their economic situation, name, place of residence, health, political opinion, age.
- Using Folo-Folo platform and its related services, you as a passenger agree: to adopt appropriate behavior during the Trip so as not to hinder the concentration or driving of the Driver or the peace and quiet of the other Passengers;
- to respect the Driver’s vehicle and its cleanliness;
- in the case of holdup, to inform the Driver without delay; to wait for the Driver at the meeting place for at least 10mins beyond the agreed pick-up time;
- to communicate to Folo-Folo, or any Driver who so asks, your identity card or any document evidencing your identity;
- not to carry during a Trip any item, goods, substance or animal that could hinder the driving and concentration of the Driver, or the nature, possession or carriage of which is contrary to the legal provisions in force;
- in the case of a cross-border Trip, to hold and keep available to the Driver and any authority that may so request any document evidencing your identity and your right to cross the border;
- to ensure you can be contacted by the Driver by phone on the number registered on your profile, including at the meeting point.
In the event where you have made a Booking for one or more Seats on behalf of third parties, in compliance with the stipulations “Booking on behalf of third party” above, you guarantee respect by this third party to the same stipulations and generally these T&Cs. Folo-Folo reserves the right to suspend your Account, limit your access to the Services, or terminate these T&Cs, in the case of breach by the third party on whose behalf you have booked a Seat under these T&Cs.
Termination, limitation and Suspension of accounts
You can terminate your contractual relations with Folo-Folo at any time, without cost and without reason. To do this, simply click “Close my account” button on your settings page.
In the event that Folo-Folo has a genuine reason to believe that this is necessary to protect its security and its integrity, that of the Members or third parties, or for the purpose of prevention of fraud or investigations, Folo-Folo reserves the right to:
terminate the T&Cs binding you with Folo-Folo immediately and without notice; and/or prevent the posting of or remove offered ride, message, content, booking request, or any content posted by you on the Platform; and/or limit your access and your use of the Platform; and/or temporarily or permanently suspend your Account.
When this is necessary, you will be notified of the implementation of such measure in order to enable you to give explanations to Folo-Folo. Folo-Folo will decide, at its sole discretion, whether or not to lift the measures put in place.
Folo-Folo published Content
Subject to the contents provided by its members, Folo-Folo is the sole holder of all intellectual property rights relating to the Service, the platform, its content (notably texts, images, designs, logos, videos, sounds, data, graphics) and to the software and databases ensuring their operation.
Folo-Folo grants you a non-exclusive, personal and non-transferable right to use the platform and the Services, for your personal and private use, on a non-commercial basis and in compliance with the purposes of the platform and the Services.
You are prohibited from any other use or exploitation of the platform and Services, and their content, without the prior written permission of Folo-Folo.
>Notably, you are prohibited from:
- reproducing, modifying, adapting, distributing, publicly representing and disseminating the Platform, the Services and the content, with the exception of that expressly authorised by Folo-Folo;
- decompiling and reverse engineering the Platform or Services, subject to the exceptions stipulated by the texts in force;
- extracting or attempting to extract (notably using data mining robots or any other similar data collection tool) a substantial part of the data of the platform.
Members posted content on Folo-Folo Platform
In order to enable the provision of the Services, and in compliance with the purpose of the platform, you grant Folo-Folo a non-exclusive license to use the content and data you provide in the context of your use of the Services.
In order to enable Folo-Folo to distribute via the digital network and in accordance with any communication protocol (notably internet and mobile network), and to provide the content of the Platform to the public, you authorize Folo-Folo, for the whole world and throughout the duration of your contractual relations with Folo-Folo, to reproduce, represent, adapt and translate your content as follows:
you authorize Folo-Folo to reproduce all or part of your content on any digital recording media, known or as yet unknown, and notably on any server, hard disk, memory card, or any other equivalent media, in any format and by any process, known or as yet unknown, to the extent necessary to any operation of storage, backup, transmission or download linked to the operation of the Platform and the provision of the Service;
you authorize Folo-Folo to adapt and translate your Member Content, and to reproduce these adaptations on any digital media, current or future, stipulated above, with the aim of providing the Services, notably in different languages. This right notably includes the option to make modifications to the formatting of your Member Content, with respect for your moral right, for the purposes of respecting the graphics charter of the Platform and/or making it technically compatible with a view to its publication via the Platform.
Folo-Folo - Role
The Platform constitutes an online networking platform on which the Members can create and post rides for the purposes of carpooling. These trips can notably be viewed by the other Members to find out the terms of the Trip and to directly book a Seat in the vehicle in question with the Member having posted the ride on the Platform.
In using the Platform and in accepting these T&Cs, you recognize that Folo-Folo is not party to any agreement entered into between you and the other Members with a view to sharing the costs relating to a Trip.
Folo-Folo has no control over the behavior of its Members and the users of the Platform. It does not own, exploit, supply or manage the vehicles subject of the offerings, and it does not offer any Trips on the Platform.
You recognize and accept that Folo-Folo does not control the validity, truthfulness or legality of the offered ride. In its capacity of carpooling intermediary, Folo-Folo does not provide any transport service and does not act in the capacity of carrier; the role of Folo-Folo is limited to facilitating access to the Platform.
The members, both Drivers and Passengers act under their sole and full responsibility.
In its capacity of intermediary, Folo-Folo cannot be held liable for the effective occurrence of a Trip, and notably owing to:
erroneous information communicated by the Driver in his Advert, or by any other means, with regard to the Trip and its terms;
cancellation or modification of a Trip by a Member;the behavior of its Members during, before or after the Trip.
Folo-Folo shall try as far as possible to maintain the Platform accessible 24/7. Folo-Folo uses standard Internet technology and practices to ensure the availability and reliability of its platform and to protect the security of the information stored in it. However, disruptions are always possible as a result of accidents or intentional interference. In no event are Folo-Folo or its operators liable for any injuries or losses by any party related to the use of this platform. By using the services offered in Folo-Folo, you agree to assume the risk when using the services described herein including, but not limited to, all of the risks associated with any online or offline interactions or associations with other users. You agree to take all precautions necessary prior to and while utilizing the services offered herein. You also agree to read the safety section below which offers safety suggestions Furthermore, Folo-Folo reserves the right to modify or suspend all or part of access to the Platform or its functionalities, at its sole discretion, temporarily or permanently.
Modification of the T&Cs
These T&Cs and the documents integrated by reference express the entire agreement between you and Folo-Folo relative to your use of the Services. Any other document, notably any mention on the Platform (FAQ, etc.), is for guideline purposes only. Folo-Folo may modify these T&Cs in order to adapt to its technological and commercial environment, and to comply with the legislation in force. Any modification to these T&Cs will be published on the Platform with mention of the date of effect, and you will be notified by Folo-Folo before it takes effect.
Applicable law - Dispute
These T&Cs are written in English and subject to Nigerian law. In compliance with the rules applicable to mediation, you are bound, before any request for mediation, to have notified Folo-Folo in writing via “contact customer care” form of any dispute in order to obtain an amicable solution.
Folo-Folo cannot and does not ensure the lawful behavior of the people exchanging information through its platform. You take full responsibility for ensuring your personal safety when interacting with other people whom you meet through Folo-Folo. Although we have no specific qualifications to advise you on issues of personal safety, the following practices are suggested as examples and illustrations of actions you could take to ensure your personal safety:
Your initial face-to-face contact with new people should be in a common, populated, public location.
Record the driver's license and car registration information of the other person's car. Obtain a copy of the driver’s insurance card or record the driver’s automobile insurance carrier and policy information. Carry a mobile or cell phone while driving or being driven in case of an emergency.
If you are the driver, record the personal information of your riders. Maybe you can take a few pictures of your Folo-Folo partners and their cars. Give this information to your friends or family before you start the trip for security and safety purpose
Folo-Folo does provide several features to help ensure your privacy as well as possible in accordance with both Federal and State laws as well as Internet standards, while collecting from you the information necessary to find Folo-Folo matches for you. We will only use your information to help you find Folo-Folo partners.
Folo-Folo only collects your information to provide you with a ride-sharing service.
Folo-Folo will not provide your information to anyone else, for any other purpose, unless we are lawfully compelled to do so by a legal authority or to protect or defend Folo-Folo rights, property or those of third parties, or to protect someone’s safety. We will notify our users by email if their private information is disclosed to third parties.
Folo-Folo does not send spam and does not employ any intrusive advertising techniques.
Limitation of Liability
Folo-Folo will not be liable to you or any third person for any indirect, consequential, exemplary, incidental, special or punitive damages, including lost profits arising from the use of this Platform or its services. We will not be responsible or liable for any damages arising out of your conduct or conduct toward you, either directly or indirectly, including without limitation, bodily injury, emotional distress or property damage arising from the use of this site or its services.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Folo-Folo, its officers, directors, employees, agents and third parties for any losses, costs, liabilities, expenses and damages or against any claims by third parties, including reasonable Lawyer fees relating to or arising out of your use of this platform, its services, your violation of this Agreement or your violation of applicable laws so long as they do not result from any negligence on the part of Folo-Folo.