This policy explains:
- What kind of personal information we collect and hold?
- How we collect and hold it
- The purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose it
- Your right to access and seek correction of it
- How you may complain about privacy matters
- Our sharing of your personal information with third parties.
Personal Information Collection, Use, Disclosure and Consent
We are committed to providing our users and members ("you") with exceptional service. Providing exceptional service may involve the collection, use and, at times, the disclosure of your Personal Information. There are certain personal information required and deemed mandatory to sign up for the service we provide on our mobile Platforms and Website. This includes your name, mobile phone number, email address, home address, date of birth, gender and password. If the above mandatory information is not provided, we will not allow you to sign up or offer any service on our Platforms. Protecting your Personal Information is one of our highest priorities. While we have always respected your privacy and safeguarded all Personal Information, we have strengthened our commitment to this goal. This is to continue to provide exceptional service to you and to comply with all laws regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information. We will inform you of why and how we collect, use and disclose Personal Information; obtain your consent, as required; and handle Personal Information according to applicable law. Our privacy commitment includes ensuring the accuracy, confidentiality, and security of your Personal Information and allowing you to request access to, and correction of, your personal information. You have the right to request correction to your Personal Information so that it’s complete and accurate. Anyone seeking correction to their personal information must do it in writing and be clear on what the correction is about. You may request restriction to processing your personal information. This only applies if;
- You contested the accuracy of your personal data and we are verifying the accuracy of the personal data,
- You exercised your right to object and we are still considering, as foreseen by the applicable law, whether our legitimate grounds to process your personal data in that case override your interests, rights and freedoms; or
- Your personal data has been processed by us in an unlawful way but you either oppose the erasure of the personal data or want us to keep your personal data in order to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim.
Folo-Folo Network Limited is committed to the security of your Personal Information and may use passwords, encryption, firewalls, restricted employee access or other methods, in our discretion. We will use appropriate security measures when destroying your Personal Information such as shredding documents or deleting electronically stored information, in our discretion. Your Personal Data will be stored for the duration of your relationship with us and then put beyond use:
- 3 years after your last use of our Platform, if you did not terminate your account;
- 1 year after the termination of your account, except if you received a negative rating or report, in which case your Personal Data is stored for either
- a 2-year period following the latest negative rating or report, or
- 1 year after the termination of your account, whichever is longer.
Personal Data that may be stored for different periods:
- Financial data (e.g. payments, reimbursements, etc.) is stored for the duration required by applicable tax and accounting laws
- All user-generated content (e.g. comments and ratings) is anonymised but remains available on our Platforms.
In a case where your account is suspended or blocked, we will keep your data for a period of between 2 and 10 years in order to prevent you from going around the rules applying to our Platforms.
Other information we collect are:
- Your photograph
- Car details
- Driver licence details
- Record of any correspondence between you and us
- A record of any bookings you have made or trip related advertisements you have placed with or through our Platforms
- Details of accounting or financial transactions including transactions carried out through our Platforms or otherwise. This may include information such as your payment card or bank account details, details of trips you have booked or offered through our Platforms
- Your replies to any surveys or questionnaires, such as your reviews on the trips you have shared with other members of our community. Such information may be used for analytic & user understanding purposes
- Formation we may require from you when you report a problem with our Platforms or our service, such as the subject of your request for support
- Location information when you have given consent to the collection and processing of these data
- On your visit to our Platforms we may collect, based on the applicable laws and where required with your consent, information relating to the devices you use and the networks you are connected to when using our services. This may include the following information – Date and time of your visit to our platforms, log-in information, your IP address, browser plug-in types and versions, browser type and version, advertising identifier, operating system and platform, information about your visit including the URL clickstream to, through and from our Platforms, products you viewed or searched for, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction and any phone number used to call our customer service number. We collect this information through the use of various technologies including cookies.
Our policies in relation to the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information when you use our Service.
We will only collect Personal Information required to fulfil the following purposes:
- For the verification of your identity
- For the identification of your preferences
- To open and manage an account
- To ensure you receive a high standard of service
- To meet regulatory requirements
- For other legal reasons as it may apply to the services requested.
We require your consent to collect, use or disclose Personal Information. In certain situation, we can do so without your consent. You can provide consent orally, in writing, electronically or through an authorized representative. You give inferred assent where our motivation for gathering, utilizing or unveiling your own data would be viewed as evident or sensible in the conditions. Assent may likewise be suggested where you have seen and a sensible chance to quit having your own data utilized for mail-outs, promoting or raising support and you don't quit.
We may hoard, use or disclose Personal Information without the consent:
- When permitted or required by law;
- In an emergency that threatens an individual's life, health, or personal security;
- When the Personal Information is available from a public source;
- When we require legal advice from a lawyer;
- For the purposes of collecting a debt or protection from fraud;
- Other legally established reasons.
We won't offer your Personal Information to third parties except if assent has been given or suggested. We hold your Personal Information for the time important to satisfy the recognized purposes or a legitimate or business reason. We will make reasonable efforts to ensure that your Personal Information is accurate and complete.
We may collect information that your web browser sends whenever you use our platforms ("Log Data"). This Log Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, browser version, and the pages of our platforms that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
Cookies are small text files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. It is stored and/or read by your web browser on the hard disk of your end device (e.g. computer, laptop or smartphone) by websites you visit. We use "cookies" to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service. If you do not instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. your consent to our use of your Personal Information may be implied.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service, to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used. These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Compliance with Laws
As set out above, and for clarity, we will reveal your Own Data where required to do by law or subpoena or in the event that we accept that such activity is important to conform to the law and the sensible solicitations of law implementation or to ensure the security or respectability of our service.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, absolute security cannot be guaranteed.
Confidentiality of your password
Where you have chosen a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Platforms, it is your responsibility for keeping such password confidential. We ask you not to share or disclose your password with anyone.
Links To Other Sites